Join us as we chat with Nell O’Leary, self-described “recovering lawyer,” mom, wife, and blogger at wholeparentingfamily.com, as we discuss Lectio Divina, or praying with Scripture. In this episode, we break down the steps of Lectio Divina while explaining how it is a simple and powerful way to grow in friendship with our Lord.
Lectio Divina Prayer Process:
- Prep: Choose a passage to read
- Step One: Read
- Step Two: Meditate (Which words grabbed me?)
- Step Three: Pray (What is speaking to my life?)
- Step Four: Contemplate (How can I rest with God here?)
- Step Five: Act (What is God calling me to do based on my immersion in this small part of Scripture?)